The Gujarati delicacies have always impressed me. I love devouring the succulent pieces of Dhokla. Recently I learnt how to prepare these lovely snacks. Here I plan to share with you the recipe for Khaman Dhokla. It will take you barely half an hour to prepare this lovely snack. Here is how you must go about it.
- Gram Flour- 1 Cup
- Water- ½ Cup
- Curd- ½ Cup
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- Ginger- 1 inch piece
- Salt- As Needed
- Lemon Juice- 1 tsp
- Eno Fruit Salt- 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder- A Small Pinch
- Coconut Grated- For Garnishing
- Coriander Leaves- For Garnishing
- Mustard- ¾ tsp
- Oil- 1tsp
- Asafoetida- ⅛ tsp
Method Of Preparation
1. In a mixer, grind ginger, green chilli and a little amount of water.
2. Take the gram flour in a bowl and mix the ginger chilli paste, water and curd. Make a fine paste.
3. You may also add lemon juice,turmeric, sugar and salt to this paste. Stir well and keep aside.
4. Take a flat bottomed pan and thoroughly grease it with oil. It would be ideal to select the cooker for this purpose.
5. Just before you are about to steam the mixture, stir in the Eno salt.
6. Steam the mixture in the pressure cooker for 10-12 minutes.
7. You may use a knife to check whether the Dhokla is perfectly done.
8. Remove it and let it cool for roughly five minutes.
9. Now you may invert the Dhokla to a plate and cut into the desired shape.
10. Temper with oil, mustard and asafoetida.
11. Garnish the pieces of Dhokla with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
The delicious Dhokla is ready for you to gulp down. You can have it with coriander chutney or mint chutney.