A mother often gets more restless, stressed when her kids are unwell or in any difficulty. In addition, we become too much loving towards our kids and try to fulfil most of their wants specially on eating. My little one got an extreme sore throat but wanted to have his favourite sweet Halwa. Let it be any Halwa he loves having it.
So I decided making Besan Halwa it is usually made by Punjabis as a Prasad during Puja’s as well Besan Halwa helps in curing sore throat. Make sure you serve it hot that is when it works as well tastes great.
For making the Halwa, you would need 1 cup – Dry roast Besan, Ghee, Sugar, Water, and 2 tbsp. of chopped cashews and almonds for garnishing.
Dry Roasting the Besan
Note you may dry roast the Besan at home as well. All you need to do is take a pan, heat it at medium flame and dry roast the Besan for 3minutes.
Knowing the Besan is Dry Roasted
- You would come to know the Besan is dry roasted as it changes into dark brown colour and gives a peculiar fragrance.
- Those who are first time cooks would suggest them to dry roast in a non-stick as well little low flame, which would take up to six mins.
Cooking the Halwa
- Take the dry roast Besan into a pan, make a well in the mid and add ghee to it cook the mixture for approx. 6-8 mins at a medium flame.
- Then add the chopped dry fruits mix it well, the add sugar again stir it well for 1 min.
- Once done, make the flame high and add water to the Halwa, you will see the water starts boiling, be quick, and stir the Halwa vigorously.
- Ensure that there are no lumps formed. Once water starts evaporating lower the flame and stir lightly, you will notice a paste formed which means Halwa is ready.
- Garnish with kesar and dry fruits serve hot.
In case of excess cold and sore throat, we can take the Halwa once ready and add milk to it making the paste more dilute and easy to pass by. Do note to drink or eat it hot.